The end of bereavement airfares is a somber occasion. For years, airlines have offered special fares for bereavement flights, but that all changes now. Here‘s what you need to know about the end of this benefit. Bereavement air fares have been a mainstay for airlines for years. They‘ve allowed grieving families to fly to their loved one‘s funeral without having to worry about the cost.
Starting in 2019, airlines no longer offer bereavement flights at a discount. This means that if you need to fly for a funeral, you’ll have to pay the full fare. This change is sure to be a blow to many families who have come to rely on bereavement air fares. But it’s important to remember that there are other ways to save on air travel.
- Here are a few tips to help you save on your next flight:
- Book in advance. The sooner you book your flight, the more likely you are to get a good deal.
- Be flexible with your travel dates. If you’re willing to fly on a different day or time, you may be able to find a better deal.
- Compare prices. Don’t just book the first flight you find. Take some time to compare prices and look for deals.
- Use a travel agent. Travel agents can often find good deals on flights, so it’s worth considering using one.
- Join an airline loyalty program. If you fly often, you may be able to get discounts or other benefits by joining an airline’s loyalty program.
The end of bereavement air fares is a sad occasion. But it’s important to remember that there are still ways to save on air travel. With a little planning and flexibility, you can find a deal that works for you.